Sunday, March 3, 2013

My first Carabox!

This month I participated in the Cara Box swap for the first time. Not familiar with what a Cara Box is? It's awesome! Basically, it's a a super personalized subscription box from another blogger. Every month there's a theme and you get paired up with two different bloggers. You pack a box and write a letter of encouragement for one of them, and then you get a box and letter from the other. The mastermind behind Cara Boxes is Kaitlyn from Wifessionals and if you're interested in signing up for this month's swap head on over here! (You won't regret it, I promise.)

This month I was paired up with Melissa and Kyla. My box came from Melissa, and I sent a box to Kyla. (You can read about what I sent her here if you're curious.)



Melissa did a great job with my box. This month's theme was "Club Sexy" and it was basically a date in a box. I told Melissa that my favourite date with my husband was actually one night last summer when we sat around our new fire pit, had s'mores and just spent hours chatting. There was no TV and we left our cell phones in the house. It was a really wonderful evening, and Melissa wanted to recreate that for us.

Melissa sent me everything we needed for s'mores. There's all different types of chocolate, big yummy marshmallows and some oatmeal cookies. (She tried to find graham crackers, and even went to three stores, but didn't have any luck.) These will be just as yummy though. And maybe I'll even start a new trend. ;-) Melissa also sent some hot chocolate and a super fluffy blanket so we don't have to wait for the middle of the summer. Even Jonathan is excited for date night.

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!! I'm glad you (and Jonathan) like the package! Who knew graham crackers would be so hard to find???

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea for a date box! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable idea! I may try this out on of these months =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Smores. What a great idea for a date night box!! The blanket too! Love it! Cara Box swappin is a blast, right!! Glad you enjoyed your first time!!

    New follower from the swap. Can't wait to get to know ya. I love the title of your blog. :)

    Falen
    www.UpwardNotInward.com

    ReplyDelete