Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Domesticity


I am trying very hard to turn over a new leaf in the cooking and cleaning department. (Do I sound like a broken record? I know I've said this same thing before!) I spent Monday night and yesterday morning getting my house clean. Not spotless - but clean enough that if my mother-in-law decided to pop by unexpectedly I wouldn't be absolutely mortified. Today I planned our meals for the next week, got groceries, made a couple freezer meals, made breakfast sandwiches for the week, and baked some chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for my husband.

I need to remember to start doing one or two things every night so that on Wednesday when I'm off I don't have a huge list of things to accomplish around the house. (And maybe I can spend some time spiffing up my blog.)  It was nice today not to have to worry about a ton of cleaning. I'm going to vacuum and dust my living room, but that's all that really needs to be done since I've done little bits over the past couple days.

On a sort-of related note, I'm in the market for a new slow cooker. I'd really like one with a timer. Most recipes say 4-8 hours and I'm gone from the house for nearly 11 hours each day. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment