Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Top: Hubby and I in the pool. (Can't believe I'm posting a
picture of myself in my bathing suit!) Bottom: Hubby tipping
 his brother off the floating chair and into the pool.
We finally got some summer weather here in Halifax! The past four days have been absolutely gorgeous. (Almost too hot, though I hate to say that after all the rain we had in June!) We spent three of the past four evenings relaxing in the pool or on the deck at my parents' place. Today my husband's two younger brothers came and joined us. The three of them were just like big kids playing around and splashing in the pool. Daisy came too and splashed around in her kiddie pool and relaxed in the shade. It was so nice to actually spend some time outside in the sunshine.

We're heading to Prince Edward Island this coming weekend to visit hubby's brother and his wife. They're in the process of adopting two children from Africa and there's a chance that they'll be heading over there before the end of the summer so we want to make sure we spend a little time with them before they go. They're two of the loveliest people I know and we always have a great time when we get together. I'm really looking forward to a weekend away too.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool weekend always a good time!
    Have a good time in PEI :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! Its been in the 90's here lately and I've been dying to jump in a pool haha...unfortunately we don't have one since we moved to our new place.

    ReplyDelete